This is my crazy journey to get back in shape and lose the last 11lbs. After being a gestational surrogate & enduring 88 days of bed rest (55 days spent on hospital bed rest at Johns Hopkins), I delivered S & B's healthy "twinkies" on August 6th 2011. Now, it's time to get down to business. Follow me, gripe/moan/whine on my exercise & diet routine to get back down to 125lbs (pre-pregnancy weight). It's definitely going to be a wild ride on the scale! Let's just hope my husband and 3 year old son can handle it!! HAHA!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Soup, Salad and a hike

First things first...the last day I stepped on the scale was Wednesday the 19th.  The previous week I weighed in at 137, so it was great to see another pound bite the dust - 136!

I know some people reading this are like whoa whoa she's 136 that's already a good weight.  I'm only 5'2, so it's still a lot for a petite frame.

This blog is a continuation from my life horizontal which was all about my life on bed rest.  I recently stopped pumping for the twinkies (about 2 weeks ago) and have been hitting the gym 5 days a week since I got the "OK" at my 6 week postpartum visit at the end of September.  Well I really try to go 5 days a week, this past week I only made it 4 days -- my x-ray at the dentist on Thursday took longer than expected. 


I was really hoping to get in the gym this morning especially after I drank quite a few mai tai's last night. I'm not even going to think of how many calories I drank -- HAHA!  I was just enjoying the fact that I can consume alcoholic beverages again since I'm not pumping anymore ;-)!  To my dismay though, I woke up with a horrible scratchy throat this morning.  Instead of heading to the gym, we all went out to Centennial Park and walked around the lake.  Of course it was super slow because JP's only 3, but it still counts!  Ray and I had a nice relaxing walk.  He really wants to start working out too.  His schedule is just (well for lack of a better phrase) cray-cray!  He's an ex-cross country runner which is the COMPLETE & UTTER opposite of me.  I ONLY run for punishment.  Now I have forced myself to start running, because I'm getting rid of my pooch from carrying the twinkies and my saddle bags! Well if I'm going to be "honest", another reason is one of my best friends, Liesel, started running and is now amazing at it.  I told myself if she can do it, then come on I can do it too.  (I got her back into working out a couple years ago - so I take the credit for unleashing the "beast").  I have to give myself props though, because hell has frozen over. Last Wednesday, I actually ran 2.55 miles (5.5mph).  Even though I felt like I was going to die, I did it.  I don't think this coming week I'll bump up to 6mph yet.  I was really struggling at 5.5mph.  Ray likes to remind me that even though he's very out of shape he still warms up at a 5.5 mph.  Ovay! That's probably why I don't like running because I'm awful at it, and I like to be the best at everything.  I'm the crazy lady in the back stomping my feet on the treadmill and crazily lip-syncing to the songs on my IPod (it helps me forget the pain). It's kinda like Phoebe from friends but a little less arm action LOL!   My love really is weightlifting though which, I am awesome at!  My strength though is pretty much gone in my legs.  My arms are still decent after the bed rest though.   That's what is really going to take a long time -- getting my strength back. I do feel that the combination of both running and mixing in body pump tracks of arms one day & legs the next has been working great. 


*Before I was a surrogate, I was en route to become a Les Mills Body Pump instructor, so I have 4 of the releases that now I just use for myself*


Most importantly though, I've been keeping my eating in check.  Hey, I'm a Wisconsin girl and know how to eat! I really just work out a lot, so I can eat -- well when I'm at goal weight.   I'll definitely be posting a food journal here as well.  Just wait till Halloween's here and I tell you how many of JP's reese's cups I ate -- keeping it real! 






Stats for today : 


1. walked 2.6 miles this morning with the family
2. pedometer as of 2:15pm  - 9960 steps




Food:


1. coffee w/splenda & fat free half and half
2. soup & salad at Olive Garden, 2 bread sticks & half a caramel hazelnut macchiato (nonfat milk)
3. (no dinner yet but it's just left overs so I'll add it) meat loaf, home made mashed potatoes and homemade mac and cheese w/water to drink*




until tomorrow,


whitney, her pooch and her saddle bags

No comments:

Post a Comment