This is my crazy journey to get back in shape and lose the last 11lbs. After being a gestational surrogate & enduring 88 days of bed rest (55 days spent on hospital bed rest at Johns Hopkins), I delivered S & B's healthy "twinkies" on August 6th 2011. Now, it's time to get down to business. Follow me, gripe/moan/whine on my exercise & diet routine to get back down to 125lbs (pre-pregnancy weight). It's definitely going to be a wild ride on the scale! Let's just hope my husband and 3 year old son can handle it!! HAHA!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Too tired

All this running has definitely started to get to me.  Hence the reason why, I didn't write last night.  I was just exhausted.  Don't you go thinking I'm off the band wagon or cheating!  Yesterday was legs and 3 miles.  It got a little dicey around 2 miles, because I started cramping again.  I just fought through that 1/2 mile, and they went away -- thank goodness!  Because of JP's field trip (first one EVER hehe), I went to the gym in the afternoon.  That felt a little weird, but it was ok.  I'm just such a morning workout person, that it really messes with my "chi" if I change the time.  On the field trip note, he had soo much fun.  It was adorable seeing him ride the big school bus for the first time.  I haven't uploaded any of the recent pics from my camera yet, but once I do I'll post them.  JP and Noah (his bff) were just having a blast with all the animals, going on the hayride, picking pumpkins and riding a horse!! 

Back to today...worked out this morning - arms and 3 miles.  There was no cramping today just real fatigue.  That's going to be the challenge I feel.  We did come to the decision yesterday that we are all going to try (well minus Becky because she's pregnant) to do the turkey trot! (I hope that Janice and her hubby want to do it too -- if they're in town) They have one by their house that they ran last year.  Apparently, it's mostly downhill.  That's a great plus!  I have a month-ish to get better.  I'm just wondering when I need to start actually doing 3 miles in a row and not just 1/2 mile chunks strung together -- YIKES!  I'll have to consult the running "gods" for that one.  I did say to myself today when I was running, "2 miles is definitely easier."  Never thought I would ever utter those words.  I did have a reward this afternoon well more like relaxation.  Finally, I got my haircut!  Last time I went was right after the twins were born.  It looks so pretty again :)

Stats:
Arms day
ran 3 miles
pedometer : 8908 steps

Food:
1. coffee w/splenda and fat free half & half
2. bottle of low-cal gatorade
3. ham/turkey club sandwich on whole wheat (lite mayo, colby jack cheese, lettuce, tomato)
4. homemade chicken noodle soup


Until Tomorrow,

Whitney, her pooch & saddle bags

No comments:

Post a Comment